As a side note, here's an example of liberal "logic:" drilling won't help for at least 10 years, so we need to invest in alternative sources so that in 10 years it can help us. Huh?
Anyway, our U.S. Government, after pressure from environmentalist groups, is delaying -- for up to 2 years -- the installation of solar panels in places like Colorado and Arizona that could power up to 20 million homes. As Investor's Business Daily reports:
The Bureau of Land Management quietly decided in May that the development of solar plants in 119 million sun-soaked, federally owned acres in the western states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah would have to wait at least two years while bureaucrats sorted out their environmental impact.
For decades environmental groups have been pushing the government and private sector to develop more alternative sources of energy. But that campaign is beginning to look like a sham to cover the groups' BANANA — Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything — activism.
So we can't drill, can't build solar power, can't build nuclear power plants, can't really do anything can we? As long as the left is in control -- and it seems there are -- then our situation will continue to get worse.
- Fuel prices will continue to go up, and there will be shortages.
- Food prices will continue to go up, and there will be riots in some places on the planet, sooner rather than later.
- Economic slowdowns, recessions, depressions will happen, not only to the U.S. but in other nations as well.
- Our standard of living will decrease significantly. We'll be back to the standard of the late 1800s, at least.
- Our national security will become a thing of the past. As more and more petrol dollars flow into terrorism-sponsoring states, our chances of an attack -- making 9/11 look like child's play -- will go up dramatically.
I hate to be pessimistic, but unless we take back our country from the mentally deranged left in this country, the United States of America will no longer exist as it has for 200-plus years.