Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm a Racist. Of Course

If I'm against illegal immigrants -- whether they be from England or Senegal -- I'm a racist.

If I'm against nationalized health care, I'm a racist.

If the U.S. government screws up it's Federal Emergency responses, it's racially motivated.

If I disagree with the president's policies, I'm a racist.

And you know that minorities don't really have much opportunity in today's United States, being oppressed by the white man, and all. Forget the fact that the President of the United States is Black, as well as the Chairman of the Republican National Committee.

And on and on.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of liberals playing the race card. Yes, there are racists in this country (and the planet), and they are white, brown, black and yellow.

But when members of Congress start throwing it around -- I can excuse ignorant bloggers and media personalities -- I think it's gone too far.

But when you can no longer debate the facts about issues, all that is left is to attack those who disagree with you. Calling someone a racist -- or any other derogatory name -- because he or she disagrees with you is at the very least intellectual dishonesty, and quite possibly just cowardice. Are you afraid to debate the facts? Or do they get in the way?

The hypocrisy of the left is now so exposed that I think we'll have a conservative revolution. And if we don't, welcome to the third world, America.

No comments: