Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Savage Nation

It was nice to take a vacation. San Antonio, Corpus Christi and the coastal islands are nice this time of year.

While driving home last week, surfing the radio stations, I heard Michael Savage say that using U.S. Navy helicopters, personnel and an aircraft carrier to assist Japan was a blatant misuse of military resources. And, he doesn't believe "anyone in the military is competent," but then quickly backpedaled and tried to cover his ass by pointing out maybe it was the "higher ups" that were incompetent.

I turned him off. As a veteran of 25 years, I'd like to slap him upside the head. He's so wrong on all accounts that I can't believe he is still on the air. I turned to my wife and asked her what she thought and she agreed that using the U.S. Navy, when available, to assist in a natural disaster is a good thing. And she's 8th generation Texan, and conservative on most issues.

Sometimes, our military personnel are put in harm's way. What does Savage (his real last name is Weiner) think?

Who cares what he thinks?

He gives conservatives a bad name.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I think the draft should be re instituted. If I were in charge the military would be used for what ever good that can be done around the world such as helping with natural disasters. They should be only used for war and killing...absurd.